Walking the National Mall of Washington DC
Start Time: Flexible
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy
Meet your guide at your hotel (or a at the National Mall) and make your way to the National Mall. For more than 200 years, the National Mall has symbolized our nation and its democratic values, which have inspired the world. The National Mall - the great swath of green in the middle of our capital city stretching from the foot of the United States Capitol to the Potomac River - is the premiere civic and symbolic space in our nation. National Mall and Memorial Parks protects the National Mall and its iconic monuments and memorials and over 1,000 acres of green space in Washington D.C.
The National Mall includes the Washington Monument, the Lockkeeper's House, the Lincoln Memorial, the World War II Memorial, the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, the Korean War Veterans Memorial, the Thomas Jefferson Memorial, the Lincoln memorial Reflecting Pool and the Franklin D. Roosevelt Memorial.
• Experience the city and receive local tips from your savvy local guide
• Door to door service and flexible timing (additional charge for outside of DC Metropolitan area)
• Driver gratuity included (guide gratuity is not included)
• 24-hour support phone number
• The starting time and date of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule.
• We recommend a start time of 8am or 9am to beat the crowds at major sites.
• This tour is offered all year round, 7-days a week.
• Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
• The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start at your hotel door step, at a restaurant you just finished breakfast or lunch, or custom location of your liking. Pick up or drop off locations outside of DC Metropolitan area may accrue additional time cost.
• 4-hour tour walking tour with private guide.
• This tour will explore the attraction of the National Mall. Starting with the Washington Monument and the World War II Memorial, from there you will proceed past the Reflection Pool the Vietnam Veterans Memorial and then over to the impressive Lincoln Memorial. At the Lincoln Memorial guests likely spend some time taking pictures before heading towards the Korean war Memorial on to Martin Luther King Jr and finally down to Jefferson Memorial. The order in which Monuments Memorials are visited may vary slightly and depends on how long the guests choose to stay at each memorial. Final itinerary is at guide's discretion. (any indoor entrances that require a ticket are not included).
• Along the way you may also see: Some of the Smithsonian Museums, the carousal, The Lockkeeper's House, The Tidal Basin, and the Roosevelt Memorial (indoor entrance tickets are not included for any locations).
• The order in which the monuments and memorials are visited may vary and it at guide's discretion.
• All stops, timing and inclusions of the tour are dependent on traffic and weather conditions.
• Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.
• We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.